Friday, July 19, 2019

‘Why “Incremental Change” Is Worse Than No Change At All’


This Medium piece, “Why ‘Incremental Change’ Is Worse Than No Change At All, by Caitlin Johnstone was published last weekend.

It came to my attention on Monday, July 15.

I decided to make it the No. 1 blog topic for Friday, July 19, 2019.

(A second topic follows.)

Here is the link: Why “Incremental Change” Is Worse Than No Change At All.








This past Tuesday, July 16, 2019, the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences announced nominations for the 71st Emmy Awards (scheduled to be broadcast on Fox, Sunday, September 22, 2019).

The nominations were for prime-time television excellence from the 2018–19 season.

Leading the way, with a brand-new record of 32 nominations, the most number of nominations for a regular series for a given season, is HBO’s Game of Thrones.

That is one series I made a point of watching. The other two, which were not on Emmys’ radar, were ABC’s The Good Doctor and CBS’s NCIS.

I used to watch lots more in the way of regular television series when I was younger. (And I had plenty of opinions on the Emmys.) Now, I do not get much involved. In fact, I like not taking on much because, after some time, it can feel like a job. I don’t want that. So, I like being lean.

What I find interesting about these overall nominations is what has been observed, in “Notes On The Emmys: What It Takes To Get A Nomination And Why It Helps To Be On HBO Or Netflix, by Deadline’s Pete Hammond. Much of what he points out has me also thinking about U.S. politics. And if you read the piece, you will understand why that is.

Here is the link: Notes On The Emmys: What It Takes To Get A Nomination And Why It Helps To Be On HBO Or Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for progressiveschat-blogspot-com