Thursday, October 10, 2019

‘The Phony Liberalism of Bill Maher’

I stopped watching HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher circa January 2017. I recall it last going through a change in its production design for the set decoration. Some red was incorporated. By then, enough of a focus of the program was in going after Donald Trump.

I know this was not too unreasonable given Trump was, at the time, the incoming 45th U.S. president. But, I also knew the Democrats, with Hillary Clinton, should not be dismissed for rigging the 2016 Democratic presidential primaries and everything related to WikiLeaks’s report of the DNC e-mails, the Podesta Files, and how that political party is a sham.

I had the sense Bill Maher’s program was taking a turn for the worse. So, I bailed. It turns out I made a personally wise decision. From what I have seen from videos, and from what I have read, the nowadays Bill Maher, and his Real Time, is one I chalk up to with recognizing that who owns HBO has ownership of Bill Maher—and I find myself not drawn in to reacting with anger. I dismiss Bill Maher. He is owned. But, this has not stopped me from reading a recent take on Maher. And I will share in this blog topic.

The Phony Liberalism of Bill Maher


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for progressiveschat-blogspot-com