Friday, September 20, 2019

Graham Elwood, Tulsi Gabbard, CAA, and the Emmy Awards



There is a terrific video, which was published to YouTube on September 12, 2019, by Graham Elwood.

It is titled “High Powered Hollywood Agencies Push Tulsi Smear Campaign.”

Elwood, 50, has been an actor, director, a writer, a producer. Source: Graham Elwood.

In this video, he references a Medium piece, written by Robbie Jaeger, titled “Tulsi Gabbard Has Enemies In High Places”.

What is remarkable is the shaping of a Hollywood culture that has me also reflecting on why I have been turned off by a lot of what is produced today. (I rarely go to the movies. I used to love to do that. I used to be a TV junkie for first-run broadcast-network series. Now, I am down to five—and not at the same time.) Part of this is also not finding a number of today’s “stars” appealing. (I have, throughout the past few years, been questioning “Why is this person a star?”) And, yes, they have been, and they are, selected for us.

This has me noting the 71st Emmy Awards, scheduled for its live presentation on Sunday, on Fox, and which will give prizes for the 2018–19 television season. Frankly, I don’t want to be brothered. (I can get ahold of the winners’ list afterward.) Two years ago, I was turned off when the first half-hour was a Let’s Shit on Trump display. It was the 45th U.S. president’s first year in office. I understood taking shots at him. But, it went on too long. (I switched channels after I had enough.) The Emmys, while needing to provide entertainment, and the politics have its role in awards ceremonies, are supposed to be most especially focused on celebrating the excellence from a previous television season; not to become a display for a number of CAA members (like 2017 host Stephen Colbert) kissing up to authority to earn their keep.

This is, so far, one of my favorite videos of 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for progressiveschat-blogspot-com