Monday, November 27, 2017

‘TYT’




After eight years, I stopped watching The Young Turks, on a regular basis, just after Cenk Uygur endorsed Hillary Clinton for the general election of 2016. I found myself concluding that, when it comes to actually having to draw a line, I was drawing it while TYT was not.

On Election Night 2016, The Young Turks went on the assumption that Hillary Clinton would win. And thensurprise! (I know this because a video, on YouTube, which has been saved by at least one Donald Trump voter took delight in this embarrassment from TYT.)

Last August, there was a report from Variety that TYT Network was gifted with $20 million from Jeffrey Katzenberg’s WndrCo. Here is a link to that report: Jeffrey Katzenberg’s WndrCo Invests in TYT Network as Part of $20 Million Round

Recently there have been the reports that TYT investigative reporter Jordan Chariton has been fired over his sexual behavior. Using the word behavior is not the total word to use. There have been more than one incident. To use the words harassment and assault do not mean the same thing. (Admittedly, I have been slow with following this. I find myself checking out YouTube-uploaded coverage on this separately from H.A. Goodman and Tim Black.)

I want to ask, “What are your thoughts on all this?”

Here is a live statement, on the firing of Jordan Chariton, by The Young Turks and Cenk Uygur.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for progressiveschat-blogspot-com