Friday, July 6, 2018

OW | Updates to ‘Recommendations’ … Ed Schultz (1954–2018)




I want to alert readers to some updates to Recommendations.

This past Wednesday [July 4, 2018], I eliminated links to the YouTube pages of H.A. Goodman and Hard Bastard and replaced them with a link to ShadowProof.

I personally follow H.A. Goodman and Hard Bastard. But, I no longer feel it is necessary to list them. Their videos are now routinely an hour or more. (Hard Bastard often runs past two hours.) When I have provided in comments, along with readers also having their comments, video links—especially to ones of Jamarl Thomas—some have been past a half-hour and somewhat close to an hour. That, right there, is asking a lot of people to be giving much of their time for those viewings. So, this isn’t a matter of content. It’s a matter of readers’ time. So much time. Too much time.

People here know about H.A. Goodman and Hard Bastard. They know about, say, The Young Turks (which, since Cenk Uygur’s 2016 general-election endorsement of Hillary Clinton, I do not recommend). So, there is no need for me to continue to Recommendations-list the H.A. Goodman and/or Hard Bastard shows.

I should have included a link a while ago to ShadowProof. I don’t know all the details about how ShadowProof started. I discovered it, perhaps a couple years ago, when I was trying to revisit Firedoglake. (I used to go to Firedoglake in the late-2000s and early-2010s, during which it really was enlightening for me regarding then-empowered congressional Democrats’ shapings of what became the Affordable Care Act.) Then I found out Jane Hamsher’s site was shut down in 2015 and, if I am correct, replaced by ShadowProof. The content there makes it very appropriate to include in Recommendations.

I hope this does not disappoint readers. But, to also be frank about the continued use of even having Recommendations, a part of me is wondering if this area matters much. If one is reading this site from a smartphone, he doesn’t see the sidebar for Recommendations. The regular readers here know enough to check out what is listed. (Or some of what is listed.) I think Recommendations comes off more like Endorsements. But, this does not actually mean I no longer endorse following the YouTube-uploaded videos of H.A. Goodman and/or Hard Bastard. It means I don’t feel there continues to be a need to direct readers to their YouTube pages from my Recommendations.



UPDATE: Ed Schultz (1954–2018)

Friday, July 6, 2018 @ 06: 45 p.m. ET: Earlier today, I briefly commented on the death of former MSNBC and recent RT America host Ed Schultz (1954–2018). I included, in the comments, a video from Lionel Nation. Well, with this “Update,” I am going to include a better video, here with a revising of this blog entry topic, from Jimmy Dore.







And now for this Open Weekend [OW]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for progressiveschat-blogspot-com