Monday, April 24, 2023

Carol Burnett Turns 90

Emmy-winning television legend Carol Burnett turns 90 this Wednesday, April 26, 2023.

I am an admirer of Carol Burnett’s. She is the one celebrity I appreciate most. I have always found Burnett, in her overall talent, to also be identifiable. That her acting, in productions like the Emmy-winning ABC telefilm Friendly Fire (which nabbed her a Best Actress Emmy nomination in 1979), was realistic and honest. Her performances have soul.

In 2019, I noted the 86th birthday of Carol Burnett with the inclusion of some Carol Burnett Show (CBS 1967–1978) comedy sketches. (Link: Happy Birthday, Carol Burnett!) Rather than repeat that here, I will include recent coverage of Burnett which also address her 90th birthday celebration. It will, in fact, be broadcast on her birthday on NBC.

Here are some related video clips:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for progressiveschat-blogspot-com