Thursday, July 23, 2020

I Will Not Vote for the 2020 Green Party

In 2016, I voted for Green Party nominee Jill Stein in the United States presidential election.

Here in 2020, and with the presumptive nomination for Howie Hawkins, a co-founder of his political party, I will not vote in the general election for the Green Party.

(The Green Party’s 2020 convention was originally scheduled for July 9–12, at Wayne State University, in Detroit, Michigan. Due to COVID–19, it was changed to an online convention.)

It came to my attention, earlier this year, that Hawkins has engaged in Russiagate. That is unacceptable just on that count. I have since come across more information, with regard for catapulting Howie Hawkins to nomination, which leads me to conclude I should not give my vote to Hawkins and the Green Party.

This is not a good feeling. I would like to vote for this party beyond 2016. Its nominees, since 1996, were: Ralph Nader, of Connecticut, in 1996 and 2000; David Cobb, of Texas, in 2004; Cynthia McKinney, of Georgia, in 2008; and Jill Stein, of Massachusetts, in 2012 and 2016. But, this likely 2020 nomination for Howie Hawkins, of New York, does not feel good.

I will include some videos which helped inform my decision. (MCSC Network’s videos of Niko House was published to YouTube on April 15 and June 3. Primo Nutmeg’s separate video interviews with Leader of the Workers Party of Britain George Galloway, Jimmy Dore, and Ben Norton were published to YouTube on July 5, 10, and 11.)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for progressiveschat-blogspot-com