Wednesday, March 28, 2018

‘The Establishment’s “Progressives Chat”’




Last Sunday [March 25, 2018] officially marked the six-month anniversary of Progressives Chat.

On Monday [March 26, 2018], my blog entry was about the fact that I have stopped participating and commenting at a person’s blog site. (One that was supposed to be progressive but, when you get right down to it, is fine with the corporate Democratic Party Establishment.)

This now has me thinking: What if Progressives Chat was a blog site “for those who more likely voted the 2016 Democratic nomination for president of the United States not to Bernie Sanders but to Hillary Clinton”?

What would belong on the sidebar Recommendations list for The Establishment’s Progressives Chat?


I am thinking it would be inconceivable to not list: MSNBC, CNN, Washington Post, Washington Monthly, The New Republic, The Daily Beast, and Mother Jones. But, I think I could reserve Recommendations room for discussion forums Democratic Underground and Daily Kos. I would also like to make room for what I think is everyone’s favorite—The Daily Banter. (I like to call it The Democratic Party Establishment Banter. My Establishment’s imaginative thinking would be that it is generally honest and politically astute—making it a Recommendations must!)


My current Recommendations list, for Progressives Chat, number 21. In the previous paragraph, I have mentioned for The Establishment’s a total of 10.


Would readers mind offering more suggestions? You may also single out individuals. (If this doesn’t appeal to you, please consider this an early April Fools’ Day exercise. Everyone is allowed to have some fun.)



 Note:  Next week is Easter. Monday, April 2, 2018 will be an “Open Week” thread. I am going to use this period as one that is a holiday break. So, I am giving myself a break from coming up with a topic for a new blog entry. This will still make accessing Progressives Chat, and allowing commenting with whatever may come to one’s mind, available for all readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for progressiveschat-blogspot-com